A night safari in Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve in India can be an exhilarating and unique experience for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers. Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is located in the Chandrapur district of Maharashtra and is known for its rich biodiversity, including the presence of tigers, leopards, sloth bears, Indian bison (gaur), and a variety of bird species.
Embark on a truly awe-inspiring wildlife adventure with the Nocturnal Safari offered at the esteemed Tadoba National Park. This experience promises to be nothing short of breathtaking, as you immerse yourself in the wild and mysterious beauty of the park after dark. It is highly recommend to the adventure enthusiasts to consider this excursion for an unforgettable journey into the heart of the wilderness.
Here's what you can expect from a Night Safari in Tadoba
1. Different Wildlife Behavior: Many animals in Tadoba are nocturnal, which means they are more active during the night. A night safari provides you with the opportunity to closely observe their behavior, which is often quite different from what you would see during a daytime safari.
2. Nocturnal Animals: Tadoba is known for its thriving population of leopards, which are often elusive during the day but may come out to hunt at night. You might also spot owls, hyenas, civets, and other nocturnal creatures. The chances of spotting tigers also increases. As tigers and leopards are chiefly night predators.
3. Serenity: Nighttime in the jungle can be incredibly peaceful and serene, yet mysterious. The sounds of the forest, the chirping of insects and the occasional hooting of owls create a unique and thrilling ambiance.
4. Starry Sky: If the night is clear, you may also have the opportunity to stargaze and appreciate the beauty of the night sky, away from city lights.
5. Safety Precautions: It's important to note that night safaris are conducted under strict guidelines to ensure the safety of both visitors and wildlife. Headlights and unnecessary noise are minimized to prevent disturbance to the animals. It is very crucial to remain extra alert, as the visionary powers are multiple times stronger of the wild animals than the human beings.
6. Permit and Booking: Night safaris often require separate permits and booking, which should be arranged in advance through the official channels or your tour operator.
7. Guided Tours: It's recommended to go on a night safari with an experienced guide who can provide appropriate information about the wildlife, their behavior, and the ecosystem.
Ever wondered why the eyes of the nocturnal animals shine at night?
The answer is larger pupil with more of the rod cells. To elaborate further, the pupils of the animals more active during the nighttime are larger as compared to human beings. Consequently they have the natural capability of clearer vision in the dark. This capability is due to the presence of more rod cells than the cone cells in their eyes.
Another factor is the presence of tapetum lucidum, a light reflecting surface present right behind the retina of the nocturnal animals. Thanks to the awesome feature, whenever their eyes meet with any light, they shine and thus increase the chances of spotting wildlife and decrease the chances of accidents.
Remember to follow all the rules and guidelines set by the forest department and respect the wildlife and their natural habitat. Keep noise to a minimum and avoid using flash photography, as it can disturb the animals. With the right precautions and respect for nature, a night safari in Tadoba can be a memorable and educational experience.